Factory Acceptance Testing is performed on the site of the vendor usually before the equipment or application is purchased, to ensure that the product has all of the required functionality from a URS perspective.
This testing should be quite rigorous as there is little point in purchasing a piece of equipment if it doesn’t do what you want it to do.
It’s an essential aspect of the whole system life-cycle and should be performed by experienced personnel.
Time spent doing a proper FAT will lead to fewer problems when the equipment is installed on your site.
On acceptance of a FAT some items to look out for include:
- Performed FAT Protocol
- Maintenance and User’s manual
- Recommended spare parts list
- Certificate of compliance
- As built technical drawings (electrical, mechanical, pneumatic & process schemes)
- Materials certificates/data sheets
- Main equipment data sheets
- Instruments calibration certificates
- Welding Processes qualification